Maine Conservation Corps(207) 624-6085|
e Maine Conservation Corps was established by Maine’s governor and legislature in 1983 and since then has recruited and placed hundreds of members who have accomplished countless natural resource projects all over Maine.
Since 1993 the MCC has supported the goals of AmeriCorps with our members Getting Things Done, Strengthening Communities, Encouraging Responsibility, and Expanding Opportunities by accomplishing the following:
- Constructing and maintaining sustainable trails on state, federal and public lands.
- Working on community conservation and environmental service projects.
- Building relationships and serving with community partners.
- Developing the values of citizenship, civic engagement, and personal responsibility.
- Studying natural and environmental sciences and ecological and conservation issues.
- Teaching environmental and conservation education in schools and in the community.
- Recruiting and managing hundreds of volunteers to support projects that improve and impact trails, watersheds, air quality, and service opportunities for Maine’s youth.
- Enhancing personal development through job skills training, team building, service learning and modeling an ethic of service to the community.
- There were no results found.